
On Sunday we went to Church in Hanalei Bay.. we love this little branch. The people are so kind. It is amazing how many of them are originally from Utah. It is also comforting to know that the gospel is the same where ever you go that makes me feel safe and sure. After church we headed out for a road trip. Down to the South side of the Island.. Poipu Area.. we have not spent a lot of time down south, so we are not as familiar with it as the North Shore. However I am going to save tons of cash so I can stay at the Hyatt holy cow... it is really cool. We began at Spouting Horn itis a rocky "beach" with holes in it.. when the waves hit the holes they make a moaning sound.. kind of like a french horn. It is really cool and peaceful. We then took a hike across the Lithified Cliffs.. they were so awesome the water is so blue and beautiful. There was a bride there getting her bridals done I bet they turn out fantastic. RY was the lead hiker and kept going while the rest of us stopped to take pictures... and we LOST him for about 45 minutes he claims he was not lost but the three of us were together and he was alone.. we finally found him what a relief that was I was getting rather frightened. After that we headed back to the Condo to make dinner.. RY and CK made an Ahi Poke stir fry... it was soooo sooo very good. Poke is actually supposed to be eaten raw... but there is no way this girl is eating raw fish.. So this is it for day 3.. Next will be our Kayak Trip... be back soon






1 comment:
How exciting!!! I'm so glad you were able to do this trip. Your pictures are a lot of fun to look at. I LOVE going to church on vacation, especially out of the country (I know Hawaii is not out of the country but you know what I mean). I'm glad you enjoyed church! Good for you!
Post a Comment