Friday, February 27, 2009

My Friend died today

My friend Patty Cotton-Lewis-Richardson died this morning. That does make me sad. Patty was one of those friends that popped in and out of my life... but a friend that I thought about often. I would occasionally drive by her home and wonder if she still lived there and what she was up to. Patty is a very nice person and would befriend everyone, she would take all the "motherless" girls under her wing and give them advise. I am not certain of Patty's age at the time of her death, but I do not believe she was yet 60. The death of my friend reminds me that life is short and we should make every moment count. Anger, bitterness and feuds have no place in this life.. for they only bring regrets and unhappiness.

I saw Patty just two days before her death... I was not going to go because I was attempting to justify not going by telling myself that we were not that close I don't need to go.... but in my head I kept remembering a conversation Patty and I had at Sadie's reception, ME "I can not believe you came and brought all these people with you" (my friends from work)... Patty... "It's because we love you" ....

Yes Patty I went to see you I am happy that I did. I am comforted to know that you are no longer trapped in a body that hurts. I hope your family is well, I will help them if I can... and YES I will see you in heaven.

Until we meet again my friend.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I'm so sorry for your loss :( and you're right, life is too short to carry a grudge.

Life is about loving.

 

fentanyl