Thursday, April 30, 2009

Isaak Update

... New Doctor is most concerned with the lack of weight gain. They are trying two things... supplementing his food with a special allergy free formula, and Mom can eat no dairy, no chocolate, no broccoli and no spicy food... yikes ... they will seem him again next Wednesday and if he still has not gained weight they will to an ultra sound and run a couple more tests to see what might be going on in that little body of his. He said he does believe it is fixable and that is good news.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

All three of my boys had reaction to dairy protien. They weren't allergic to it, they just couldn't digest it, they were missing the *whatever it is* (I want to say enzyme but I don't remember if that's the right word or not) that helps break the protien down and turn it into useable energy. I couldn't eat dairy of any kind, no cheese, yogurt, ice cream, anything. And then they couldn't until they were about five or six, they did eventually outgrow it.

If it had milk in it that was cooked (Like baked goods) it was fine, but other than that, no dairy at all.

Karson screamed non stop from the day he was born until he was about seven months old and then one day it magically stopped.

They said it wasn't colic because it wasn't in the evenings, it was ALL DAY LONG. He slept great at night (Probably because he was completely exhausted) but if he was awake, he was screaming and red faced. He was a hard baby to be around and there were days when I literally thought I was going crazy.

I hope you are able to find out what is going on with Issak and are able to help him be more comfortable and gain some weight.

One thing that helped Karson was to put a thin receiving blanket in the microwave and nuke it til it was warm (Not hot) then fold it and place it on his tummy then bundle him up quite snug in another blanket and cuddle him. The heat seemed to comfort him a lot, it might be worth a try.

Or lay him across my arm on his belly, so that his legs were on either side of my arm and his cheek in the crook of my elbow and bounce/walk with him, that was where he was happiest, I had thighs of steel when he was a baby from all the bounce walking.

 

fentanyl