Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Random Thoughts for Today

Today is April 14th... which for the wife of a Tax man means you spend the night alone, and it means he works all night. Which he has pretty much done since last week. When I first met Randy I did not really understand how all consuming the last few weeks of Tax season are... now it is just part of our life. But it will be over soon and we will have time to concentrate on other things.

I still don't have any new information on the new baby. Randy was going to visit but I have not heard from him.

I have discovered that I MUST eat carbs... if I don't I get sick ....it has been a tough week.. and it is only Tuesday.. Weekends do me in as far as keeping track of what I eat. Especially when we have Easter and Birthday to Celebrate... for dinner I made Chicken Enchilada Soup... bad choice for me (11 points per cup) good for everyone else... they love it ... I made Strawberry Short cake.... but I did use applesauce in lieu of oil.. and I used splenda in the strawberries instead of sugar... no one knew ... until now that is . So for Monday I had a huge salad for lunch... I did not even bring any carb snacks.. no 100 snacks or ww snack bars... nothing... and any more salad as a main dish... is bad news for me. Then to add injury to insult.. trying to compensate for the weekend .. after running 3 miles I came home and ate 1 cup of brown and rice and broccoli... well needless to say this morning when I woke up I felt like I had a hangover.... it was awful.. and for those of you that have never had the pleasure of a hangover... imagine flu like symptoms.. but the flu is almost more pleasant. At lunch instead of going to the gym I slept in my truck. It will be tomorrow before my stomach stops hurting... so the next time I say I want a salad for lunch somebody intervene please.

I am really tired of the rain ... I am so ready for warm weather... I have this fear that we will have to run in the rain this weekend.

I love the biggest loser... don't you wish you could get a make over like that and a great new dress... but one with sleeves and a front.

Strange thought... do you think this is strange.. there is a lady that works in my building.. that literally cleans the bathroom stall before she uses it.. then she will not touch anything with her hands in the bathroom... she uses paper towel... and she smokes... I think this is just crazy... I don't want a germ... but bring on the cancer.

My sister goes on a cruise this week.. she gets to escape the rain... I am envious.

I read about a women that began running when she was 68... a challenge from her 8 year old grand daughter. I read that running can repair bone loss if you start before menopause and halt it if you start after... it also helps with muscle mass.. and that older women should add strength training to their works outs... so I guess I will start that next week.. (as soon as I learn what I am doing)

Did you see that Elder Hollands clip has had millions of hits.. I hope you took a few minutes to look at it.. you can read the entire talk at LDS.org.

well I think it is time for bed... night

1 comment:

Valarie said...

Cruisin.......it's suppose to be 81 degrees in LA on Sunday - and no rain.

 

fentanyl