I worked for three weeks before the 5K and this week I feel as if I am starting over. I am not sure what the deal is. It seems I can only run for a few minutes before I need to walk... and today my legs hurt so dang much I stopped 10 minutes early. I wonder if my brain thinks I can do more that I really can. I ran maybe 7 or 8 years ago and stopped because my shins hurt so much. I wonder what I might be doing wrong.
Randy told me my stride was too short and I needed to lengthen it up... and since then my shins have hurt..
I am planning on running the 10k in July and I really want to be successful. Today I have decided that I need to stay at my own pace regardless of what others or even myself thinks I might be able to do at this point. I do not need to be able to run 6 miles today or even tomorrow, I have until the middle of July to accomplish that goal... So back to the basics for me... run in small segments at my pace at a stride that is comfortable to me and work to where I can run for 30 mins without walking... then and only then will I begin to work on speed. For now I not going to speculate on how fast I need to run the 10k.. just that I want to be there and to finish.
I also want to loose weight in this process and find it can be difficult when those closest to you don't yet have the same level of commitment for themselves.
And on a happier note... we found the absolute best running socks at SL Running company yesterday... I am totally in love with them. Balega is the name... a little pricey and totally worth it .
5K Layout



1 comment:
GREAT page! Did you post it on DSM yet? I'm excited for you that you are going to do the 10K. Good for you!
Post a Comment