Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We are officially registered

for the SLC 5k for April 18th ... This may not seem like a big deal to you hard core runners... but for us it is a huge leap. I ran a 5k once ..... about hmmmm ..... a long time ago, it was put on by the company I worked for at the time..called Mayfest.. it was no big deal.. I was quite a bit younger, quite a bit thinner... in fact I don't think I had any Grandchildren yet... but I could be wrong there.. after all I did start kind of young with the Grandma thing. I am kind of excited ... and kind of skeptical of R getting up at 4:30 in the morning for this endeavor... I am not sure he yet realizes this part of the plan.

Yesterday me and my peanut butter did make it 21 minutes... today I think I will take a break from running and so something a bit easier on the feet and knees... they don't hurt.. they just need a rest.

I don't seem to be getting any smaller, and that is frustrating... but I am getting some pretty nice definition on my calves.. it could be my imagination but I think I might giggle just a little bit less.

I hope you all have a good day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started."

1 comment:

Cory&SadieK said...

I love that quote-so many people think you have to measure success on results, but it's really on how far you've come from where you were. It's exciting to make changes. Your calves do look hot!

 

fentanyl