Saturday, April 18, 2009

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We completed the 5k at the Salt Lake Marathon. At 5am this morning Randy was ready to roll over and go back to sleep... but he knew how excited I was for this 5k that he crawled out of bed and off we went. He had the marvelous idea to take Trax down town.. and it was a blessing not to have to deal with all those people and cars.

We had a goal to finish in 50 minutes for this first go around... well drum roll....ratatattattattat.... Randy finished in 45.41 and I finished in 46.11, so we beat our goal by a few minutes... and we were only a few minutes behind Cory and Sadie who finished at 43.39 or something close to that..

I will have to say it was a lot harder that I had anticipated... you know running North up State Street is UP hill and the closer you get to South Temple the steeper it is....but thank heavens... west on South Temple is down hill... whew.

Here is what I learned.. it may not be a good idea to ski two days in a row just before you want to run 3 miles... it might be a good idea to eat a little better the day before.. and it really would be a good idea to drink a bit more water the day before...and I should have had a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast instead of mini wheat's and a banana..

Sadie and Cory made it to the start line with just minutes to spare... It was a good time...

We have planned 3 more runs for this summer... all 10k at this point...

Happy Running... D & R

ps Sadie has pictures in her camera... just waiting for that e mail... (tapping my fingers... )

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Congrats on your accomplishment, that's awesome!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! Great job!!

Heather said...

I know you do a lot of digital scrapbooking. I am just trying to get started. Have you ever used the one they are giving away on Giveaway today and if you have is it very good? I am debating if I should get it or not while it is on sale. Please let me know your opinion. My e-mail is chpaints@gmail.com. Thankyou.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

AAAAAHHHHH! That is so cool! I'm totally impressed with you! Geez. We could have a lot of fun hanging out. We seem to like all of the same things.

 

fentanyl