Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Camping, Concert, Birthday and Harry Potter

We finally pulled the trailer out of the back yard and went camping this weekend. We left Friday afternoon. Zach, Riley and friend Triston went with us. Riley was watching for me to come home and when we saw me went running she's home she's home, he was so excited to go... but I don't believe that he was even aware of what "camping" was, he was just ready for the adventure.

We went to our favorite spot in all the land... Camper World in Woodland Utah... now if your thinking of camping with sticks and rocks poking you in the back while your sleeping, Washing dishes in the stream, and porta potties, that is not the way we camp... any more.... we have all the amenities of home... but no phones and no TV, but we do have a really nice swimming pool and hot tub....

We took a jog up the canyon road and back down, it was hard but felt good. And we did not take ANY junk food with us... no chips, no candy it was fabulous. However we did make smores' but we did not have any chocolate... so I put craisins on mine and I will have to say it was great... I am not much of a chocolate fan anyway and this was my little treat was not so sickening sweet.

Saturday night, Randy had a "Concert Under the Stars" at Murray Park, part of the Arts in the Park series. If you missed it you missed a great time. Randy had one solo part and one song with some really high notes he had to hit..... and he did a marvelous job.

Riley, Zach and Triston, went home then as well... so it was just us for the rest of the weekend.... it was mighty quiet.

Monday was Randy's birthday.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDY. I got him an Ipod... he always said he did not need one... but he loves it... he can listen to his "torch" music and I don't have to ... he he he

After we got home we went to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.. (so basically we had popcorn for dinner)... I thought the movie was great, and would not mind seeing it again.

playing catch



we did not bring any junk food on this trip



Riley was so excited to sleep in the tent.




Trading Hats



Swimming



Slide



Concert at the Park

No comments:

 

fentanyl