Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Simple Elegance

Yesterday I was able to take 1/2 a day off work and go to the Draper Temple. I was astounded by how beautiful it is. It was just amazing, the stained glass, the painted walls, the sego lilies on the ceiling and the beautiful (the word is really not strong enough) crystal chandelier, and wall sconces. I could sit in there forever and watch the crystal sparkle. You barely notice that the chandelier rotates ever so slightly to the right and then to the left... to enhance the glittering. It is clean, and modern and ever so peaceful. This could well be my favorite Temple but I have many more to visit.. but for now it is .

I did not have my camera with me (and the sun was to bright) so here is a photo I found on the net... can not wait to get back up there for a photo shoot and another trip inside. :)



If you want to learn more about our Temples go here

2 comments:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Glad you got to go! I got to watch a man put gold leafing in one of the sealing rooms when I went to clean it one day. It was really cool. He even let me take a little home and I glued it into my journal.

Sonja Larsen said...

Beautiful! I'm glad you got to go. Sonja

 

fentanyl