Not that I am a 5k course expert.. but I know I hated this one. The biggest % of the race was ran on grass, it was difficult to run on the grass.. at least for me. I felt I had to concentrate to much where my feet were landing so I did not step in a low spot, which I did a couple of times anyway. The race began in front of the ice oval, and the headed north west to the park behind it.. for a bit there was a little path.. then on to the grass around the ball fields to the soccer fields where we zig zagged across then to the sidewalk in front of the rec center parking lot and then thru the parking lot to the swimming area up to the oval drive way and around to the back and then into the oval. Our times were consistent with what we did Taylorsville Dayz about 40-42 mins depending on if it was me or Randy. I know we can do better we must have a race day mental block or something.
Well we are going to take some time off of racing... at least for a while. We are planning on running in Mesquite in November. I am looking forward to that.
Time for my leg to heal and to train better.
But again it is fun to run with my family .... Yea US...





1 comment:
Yeah you guys!!!! How awesome. We went and enjoyed a lovely hike this weekend. It's weird to see a race finish inside, eh???
Post a Comment