A while back I did something to the muscle (I think) in my lower leg... no it is not shin splints...this was actually before the DesNews 10K. At first it hurt to touch the side of my leg...i tried wrapping it with an ace but that made it hurt worse... so off that came. Randy had a neopreme thing that he uses for water skiing.. so he suggested I try that. For a bit it seems to do the trick... so I used that for the next couple of weeks and for the Fire Water and Ice 5k. Then I decided to take a week off running to see if it would clear up... hmmmmm not really...
I am frustrated because I can not figure out what it really is. It is not a muscle that I have found I can stretch or excercise very easily. The only way I can feel it ... is one to run... two wear high heels... three to squat and then rise up on my tip toes... and four to walk around bare foot.
Friday it was kind of having spasams... not terribly painful but noticable. I have not ran since wednesday of this week... I really dont want to go to the doctor because i dont want to pay them 75 bucks to tell me to stay off my leg. And the only true way to say completely off it is to hop... not very likely that I am going to hop everywhere.
so I have stayed away from races until I can get this better .. but there are a couple in September I want to try... and we want to go to mesquite in Novemember to run a 10 k....
I really dont like other forms of excersice much.... so wish me speed in healing
Graduation
10 years ago



2 comments:
I hope you recover quickly. It so hard not being able to do something you enjoy.
hmmm - maybe you do need to go to the doctor - maybe it is more than what you think it may be.
Post a Comment