When people take it upon them selves to change my name from Dottie to Dorothy and then get upset because I correct them. For heavens sake just because you called your Great Aunt Dorothy Dottie... does not mean everyone named Dottie is a Dorothy. Once upon a time I got a wedding invitation addressed to MS. Dorothy Perkins... someone trying to be all formal...
In 8th grade I had a teacher attempt to expel me because he insisted on calling me Dorothy and I kept correcting him. I had to call my mother to make him "see the light".
I guess some things never change.
I am sure my sister constantly has her name misspelled because it is Valarie and not Valerie...
What were our parents thinking
Graduation
10 years ago



6 comments:
I agree - what where they thinking? And my oldest doesn't like his name to common - youngest can't find anything with his name on it - guess you just can't win.
hey, i know what you mean they screwed up on mine i have to ansewer to differnt names dorothy,LOL i know how much you hate it when people thought you were named after grandma,and you would correct them.
i just hate that name ...
I didn't know Dottie could even be short for Dorothy! I never thought of name isuue's (can't really mess up Heather) until I named my kids. Their names get slaughtered! People even want to take Chris and call him Christopher. I guess I will apologize when they are older and hope they still like their names then!
You are a Dottie for sure, NOT a Dorothy. That doesn't fit you at all! No one can spell my name right either. They all want to spell it Merideth. That makes no sence to me but whatever!
Ooooh me too! I got sent to the principals office in high school because my stupid band teacher insisted on calling me Janet because he knew I loathed it.
He kept talking to me and I completely ignored him. He finally got so mad that he was in my face, his face bright red, YELLING at me to get my A** to the principals office.
I looked him in the face and said "Oh sorry, were you speaking to me? I thought you were speaking to someone named Janet and I was looking around trying to figure out who that was".
He didn't think I was very funny and he bumped me to last chair for my "Bad Attitude" and left me there for the rest of the year. Although he did still make me play first part, because the other guy couldn't hack it.
The funny part is, it really bugged him that I was happier sitting in the fourth chair place because I was right next to my friend and my boyfriend =0P
I don't know why people think they need to mess with other peoples' names. Good grief, if they want a different name, they can name their own kids that!
Post a Comment