

You have to look hard for the digital scrapbook section... it is in the creative arts building.... on a portable wall near the back ... if you are not looking for it you will miss it.
and I entered these two photographs in the amateur category. I did not get any ribbons there... but that is OK ... hundreds of people enter this contest and everyone takes pictures of butterflies... and there is always next year. There is this most amazing picture of a humming bird in a flower that you should check out.


I think next year we might enter the canning contests as well.
And then we went Friday night because the band that Randy plays in was asked to play at the fair on the South Stage.... that is behind the midway...

then we walked around a bit more.... and you will be happy to know that I resisted the 750 calorie grease laden but ever so yummy Funnel Cakes....
I believe my favorite exhibit at the fair is in the 4H building. It just amazes me how many talented kids there are. They begin as early as 3rd grade. And congrats to the parents for encouraging their kids to be in this club. It teaches skills they will need for life and talents they can share and pass on with others.
There we some of the cutest aprons entered in the 4H exhibits... now I am on a quest to find those apron patterns.... ahhhhhh yes just one more project to work on.
And congratulation are in order for my Sister in Law Marilyn... she received a 1st place ribbon for a quilt she did... it is in the red white and blue section... it has trains on it... and it is darling
so... now I am off to bottle peaches



3 comments:
My mom a ribbonist!! I'm so proud of you! You rock! Bottling peaches--what a joy!
do you ever have time to breathe?
hmmmmm let me think ... NO
Post a Comment