I absolutely loved conference weekend.. I always feel like I want to be and do so much better. As I was "blog stocking" this weekend I ran across a blog where the person wrote what blessings they had during the week, and I thought what a great idea for a Sunday blog.
I am blessed to have a nice warm comfortable house in which to watch conference. I am blessed to be close to the conference center so that if I have the opportunity to go in person I can do that also.
I am blessed to be a member of this marvelous church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am blessed that I and those I love have the ability through the atonement of Jesus Christ to be forgiven for the things we do wrong. I was reminded that everyone has that right... not just your neighbor, or the girl you went to school with, or the family the missionaries are teaching. Sometimes it is hardest to remember this with those closest to us and also for yourself. Maybe it is because we are so close to them and we really see all they do, or maybe it is because we expect more of them. Or maybe it is just easier to forgive those who's life's do not directly effect you. We all know that we as humans are way to hard on ourselves.
A few weeks ago my daughter blogged that she was not going to gossip. She and I have talked about that a lot, and I took her challenge. But I have also pondered and prayed about that because I feel that I need to take it one step further and I need to not only not gossip but I am not going to speak badly about people. If you knew the environment I work in you would realize what a great undertaking that is. Some of the people that I work with seem to thrive in putting others down. I have been working on this for a few weeks, and I do believe I am doing well.... not perfect by any means but better... there are times when I just need to sew my mouth shut... or better yet think of something positive about that person.
So I have several new tasks, to pray to understand those close to me, to pray to forgive myself when I error, to speak more to my Heavenly Father than I currently do so that he can help me with these tasks. And to just be a much nicer person.
I am so blessed to have been born into this Gospel... I love it..
Graduation
10 years ago



1 comment:
I loved your comments. They really got me thinking. I also wanted to thank you for your help on Kysia's hair. I was going to thankyou the other night, but completely forogt, but I really appreciated it! Thank you.
Post a Comment