Monday, February 8, 2010

Laundry Soap

OK so I decided to try the home made version of Laundry Soap. I know that some of you are thinking why? We had a Relief Society Meeting last week where we learned how to make laundry soap, fabric softener and cleaners.

So because I was actually out of my regular laundry soap I thought I would give it a try. So off to the store I went. I bought Borax, Washing Soda, Fels Naptha, and bluing dye. I did forget to buy Ivory soap so I chose to use one of the bars of Fels Naptha (i found a recipe on line that used that soap.) The total of all of this was probably less than 15.00 but I am not really sure because I bought some other things as well. Very useful things like Valentines and candy hearts and chips for the super bowl that I did not watch.

So tonight I made the soap and well... i have not actually used it yet.. but holy crap it stinks.. like soap. Like go to your Grandma's house and wash your hands with Lava kind of soap. I will try it because I have gone to all the trouble of making it. But I will have to say if my clothes have that over powering soap smell, the homemade concoction will be flushed and it will be off to Costco for me.

1 comment:

Cory&SadieK said...

Eww stinky. If it does you should try some of my essential oil before you flush it! Was it pretty easy?

 

fentanyl