Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Canyons

Today we skied The Canyons and it was fabulous. I have skied the other side of the Mountain for such a long time that I was hesitant to try The Canyons. But I am here to tell you it was great. It is huge, it was fun, the snow was so so ... it was Tuesday so it was not crowded. We did a lot of lift jumping as we made it from one side of the resort to the other (trail map), this is something we rarely do at Snowbird we generally ride up and ski down the same run and the same lift... well no more.. this lift jumping was really fun and made the day ---- yes practically the whole day --- go fast .

A view from the Top Someplace

There is this area called The Colony... and there are some really huge homes.

You ski on these trails that are kind of like roads, it seems like you are skiing through some little city. Don't you just love those awesome icicles on that house. Stopping to take a photo of this was a little costly ... as it made us have to skate and push for a bit before we hit a down slope.

This is the 1st resort that I have skied at that you could not just park, pop on your skis and be on the lift. Here you have to take a Gondola from the Parking Lot to the Resort Area

and then another Gondola to what they call Mid Mountain .. which actually seems like the bottom to me. Dottie on the Gondola.. I bought these "yellow" goggles today as the forecast was for Stormy... I love them.




Dottie and Randy on a lift. Randy has new goggles.. but his are not so yellow. Guess we will have to get him some.



























Us on the hill

One of the runs


The only draw back to sking The Canyons is it is really expensive. We were lucky this time and had a couple of 1/2 price passes. Maybe we can score some of those again.

PS Lunch was really pricey also 14.00 for a hamburger, 3.50 for a small soda... the food was ok ...but not 14.00 good.

1 comment:

Cory&SadieK said...

I like ya new goggles. I need to get me some! Plus you guys are super stylin' in your helmets.

 

fentanyl