Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Worth of Souls

" And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then I will make weak thing become strong unto them " Ether 12:27

This has always been my favorite scripture. There is so much love in this scripture. How in the last year have I forgotten this scripture. This small passage got me through a very dark time in my life. I had it printed on a 11x8'5 sheet of card stock and it hung in the kitchen of the house known as the Leprechaun house. It followed me to my current house, but things were better then and I did not think I needed it so much.

I can not exactly call this past year dark maybe gray... but it has been full of challenges. In the process of dealing with so so many things and people, I think I have forgotten who I was.

" Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;" D & C 18:10

And that I am important and I do have worth. Maybe not to everyone I might come across. But to my Heavenly Father, to my parents, my husband and I hope my children.

I can not begin to tell you what a tender mercy tonight was for me and my heavy heart. My ward had our Relief Society Meeting, it was the RS birthday party and we did an activity so that we could find the "Treasure in us All" . Meredith did a mini class on self worth, and wow just wow. It really touched my heart and soul. It gave me the buoying up that I need.

These last few weeks at work have been particularly challenging... so much so that I have had to make the decision to not speak to anyone unless I specifically need to ask something.. or if I am directly asked a question. It has only been a few days.. but it is just safer for me to handle the stress there this way.

I will at this moment turn the weakness that has plagued me for the past year into a strength and become the person I once was.

I am a beloved spirit daughter of God, and my life has meaning purpose and direction. And with the help of my Heavenly Father, my family and my Relief Society sisters (even if they don't know it) I will be ok ...

Thank you Angela and Meredith you may have saved my life... Thank you Heavenly Father for your tender mercies and putting me in a place where my path crossed these two fine women. I love you all

3 comments:

Cory&SadieK said...

Mom! I'm glad that you enjoyed relief society--I don't even know if I can really use the word enjoy I wish I could think of a better describer word. I think that you are infinitely important and of incredible worth. I love ya and you are my best friend.

Sonja Larsen said...

Great post, I think we all have those feelings sometimes. It's wonderful to be reminded of our potential. Thanks for sharing!!

Meredith said...

Wow Dottie. I don't know what to say. I am so glad that something I did helped you. Amazing how Heavenly Father watches out for us huh! I think you are an amazing woman and I feel blessed to know you. Thanks for being there last night. I feel like I was inspired in what I said last night and maybe it was just for you and me because I got something out of it too. You are awesome!

 

fentanyl