Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One Week Ago Today

Will have to go down in my history book as the worst day of my life. Here is how my day unfolded.... While you read this look for all the Tender Mercies of the Lord on this very awful day.

The day begin as any other, (I had had a really great night on Monday. Riley and I just played together, we just had a fun relaxing time making a bank with a box, paper and glitter glue.) Randy makes my breakfast and lunch everyday. We say good bye and head out.

At about 8am I have a thought that I need to go to lunch at 11 today instead of noon. So I tell my team that I need to go at 11 in hopes to catch the Doc and chat with him. About 10am I reach into by bag and notice that Randy packed the tuna... but he forgot the bread... so no lunch for me. I figure I'll grab a sandwich at the hospital.

At 11am I head over to the hospital and up to my Dad's room. He and his bed were not in the room, my mom was in there reading the paper. She explained that he was down having a test. So we headed down stairs to grab a bite to eat while we waited for him to come back ....... but

At 11:42 my cell rang and the person on the other end was looking for my Mom. I told her she was with me. She then said there was a problem with my Dad and she would meet me in the lobby. We left everything on the table and went to the lobby. It was there that I saw one of his nurses Susie. She escorted us into what I now refer to as the dungeon, and a few people along with Dr Pirozzi were there, attempting to soften the blow..... I just said he is gone isn't he. He replied yes he is . I had no time to process... as I had to keep my Mom from collapsing on to the floor. She very understandably falls apart.. her spouse of 51 and a half years is suddenly gone. NO one expected this not even the Doctor's.

I am so grateful for the Tender Mercies provided by the Lord to help get us through this day. I have counted 4 maybe you can see more. Maybe 5 if you see cell phones as a Tender Mercy, they were this day we were able reach everyone quickly.

1 comment:

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Dottie, I'm so sorry about this. I'm so glad you were with your mom when this happened.

I'm inspired by your post. Thanks for the reminder that there are tender mercies in every trial. I'm impressed with you.

 

fentanyl