Monday, April 19, 2010

The Race

was great.... we had a great start and the weather was fabulous.

We had planned to ride Trax but when we got to the Trax station Randy realized that he forgot his bib... so back home we got. I guess it was good we stopped there because if we had planned to drive we would have been down town before we realised he left it . So I guess that was a tender mercy. We had plenty of time and found a great parking place so it all worked out great.

This was a new course but I can not say it was any easier. It was an uphill start to State Street then down State which was nice... but then up again but only for two blocks... but I don't think you realize how steep the incline is on State Street until you attempt to run up it . Then down South Temple and around to the gateway.

When I do this .. I get all jazzed up thinking I want to try a 1/2 Marathon... but then the thought of running for 2 solid hours humbles me. We will see how the 10k in July goes before making a decision on that.

Times for Saturday the 17Th are Randy 37:48 18/28 in age group 1092/1836 overall.
Me 39.12 36/79 1192/1836. It is hard to believe there were 100 people between us, I could see Randy I just could not catch him .

Over all compared to last year... I could breath thru the entire race, I did not feel like crap after (but I did need a slurpee my drink of choice after a race) and the best part.... nothing hurt...my chins are a little tight but nothing I can't live through.

Still looking for a race for May ... We have two in June and the 10k for July.

3 comments:

Heather said...

congratulations!

Cory&SadieK said...

You should run in the cure for cancer race. It's in may.

DottieLou said...

i dont want to get donations... if I dont have to I can

 

fentanyl