Sunday, May 2, 2010

Assembly Hall Concert

Friday night the Concert Band that Randy plays in had a concert at the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. What a treat it was to be able to just walk around in there unescorted and snap picture after picture. I just love these old beautiful hand built buildings. Here are just a few of the shots I was able to get.









By the way the concert was fabulous. If you missed it you missed a night of fine music. I loved being so close to the band. I was able to watch the intensity in the faces of the performers. On a regular stage that not something you generally get to see. I could not get many pictures of the band... as I was asked by the staff at the A. H. to not take pictures during the concert. So what choice did I have but to obey... lol


I have always wanted to spend a couple of days or so in SLC being a "tourist" and this has just fueled my interest.
The next concert is Memorial Day ...

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Darn it, I really wanted to go to that concert!

We did the hometown tourist thing this past summer and I have to say, it was one of my absolute favorite vacations! B was working so it was just the boys and I. We set out for a new destination each day and we saw so many things that you just don't take the time to do when you live somewhere. I can't wait to do it again this summer. The best part...most of the things we did were either free, or very cheap.

Some of the things I really want to do again are the pioneer history museum (free), and This is the Place park (Spendy). I REALLY wish you could take pictures in the museum because there are some of those stunning old stitched samplers I would love to replicate!

I wish they would let you just wander the conference center on your own. I would have loved to spend more time there but our guide was so rush rush rush. I would love to just sit for a bit and take it all in, or take some time to look at the paintings more closely, or be able to take time to take some neat pictures.

 

fentanyl