Friday, July 16, 2010

31 Thirtyone 31

Did I mention the number 31.................. Finally after a 6 month plateau I finally lost that 3 lbs that put me under 1-- (not sure I am ready to reveal that number yet). Even during the holidays I lost weight and then I got stuck. I swear your body knows when your birthday is and it changes you metabolism on that very day. It has taken me 6 long months to figure out what to do. I kept loosing and gaining the same 2 pounds over and over.

How did I do it.... well I finally decided enough is enough. I figured my body must be in a rut because my eating was in a rut. I seem to eat the same things over and over.

First: I mixed up my breakfasts a bit.... instead of hot cereal everyday .... I ate fruit/protein smoothies, "egg muffin sandwiches" with orewheat thin bread (if you have not tried those you need to) Canadian bacon and lowfat cheese, alternative bagels and l/f cream cheese. I tried some lavender tea.... but it tasted like I was eating flowers, so I did not love that.

Second: I Ate MORE vegetables.......... my new favorite snack it celery and laughing cow cheese. I just love that stuff. My VT partner gave me some cucumbers and they were yummy.

Third: I have stepped up my running to about 13-15 miles per week... of course this is in training for the 10k on July 24th ... but I do find it has become much easier to run 4 miles that it ever has been. And I will have to keep it up after the DesNews 10K.

The one thing I really need to work on is getting more sleep.... there just does not seem to be enough hours in the day ................. or I just don't manage mine very well .

So on to the next 30 pounds.... but then I will be done.... I can only hope that it does not take 17 more months .... but I guess if it does it does...

Wish me success

3 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats and good luck loosing the rest! You can do it! If you have any other great dieting tips let me know!

Valarie said...

Congrats!!! Way to go.

Cory&SadieK said...

You Rock! Woot! Woot! Wooter! Laughing Cow cheese is awesome. Yeah for vegetables. Congratulations!

 

fentanyl