Monday, September 27, 2010

Mean Girls

Where I work we are not nice to each other.

If you have ever had/ or taught / or been around 4th grade girls we act a lot like those young immature hormone raging girls.... only worse because we are adults and we should know better. We say mean things to each other, we talk behind backs, we poke fun at the outfit chosen for the day... see what I mean.

The issues have been much more apparent to be in the last couple of weeks.... because my bosses hired one of the nicest women I have ever met. And her kind attitude really makes the meanness apparent.

This has bothered me for quite a while, (even before JB's Mom joined us) and I have vowed to be better, to be nicer, to not get caught up in all that "crap". I wish I could say I've been successful, but I have not. I can say I have been better but not better enough.

And then I went to The General Relief Society Meeting Saturday... other wise know as Women's Conference. I feel that President Monson's talk was especially for me. (I posted it below just in case you have not heard it yet.)

So again I am resolved to BE A NICER, LESS JUDGEMENTAL, SLOWER TO ANNOYANCE WOMAN. I want to be someone my Heavenly Father would be happy about. I want to be someone that is an example of his kindness and loving and forgiving attitude.

This is not going to be easy because the environment is not really going to change, but I will have to make the change within myself. I have all the tools and resources available to me to make this happen.. now the rest is up to me.

3 comments:

Sonja Larsen said...

I loved your post, I have the same thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

Cory&SadieK said...

May you become a nice girl! It's amazing when people like Jb's mom show you how amazing we can become and how much people actually want to be around them!

Melissa said...

Excellent talk! Pretty sad we have to be reminded.

 

fentanyl