It always had a place on the stereo speaker in the living room, but this year I have not noticed him.
I have been ok so far this Christmas Season... the dreaded first Christmas without Dad. Until today and today I am not ok and I am sad, and I wish he were here so I could ask him about the bisquit receipe like I did last year and the year before. Randy wants to put link sausage in the pigs and I told him no, because that is not tradition.
Cody and Dad two years ago Christmas. The last Christmas Dad came to breakfast
Dad was too sick to come to Christmas Breakfast last year... and I wish with all my heart I had realized just how sick he was and instead of being mad at him for not coming that we would have gathered up the food and people and went to his house, but alas we did not do that.
And this year there will be an empty chair... and he is missed every single day.



1 comment:
sheesh! Now I'm crying! I love you Grandpa! I'll miss making Pigs with you this year and trying to wrap them just right. Most importantly I'll just miss holding your hand. Love you!
Post a Comment