Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Needles and Veins

I am not a person that likes to part from my blood. I know now your thinking what the flagnog? My body likes it's blood and does not like to give it up. I have only given blood I think three times in 50 years. And the reason being is I pass out, I get sick and it takes me two days to recover. Don't you worry my dear loved ones, if there came a need I would gratefully give my blood for you despite the consequences.

So now your wondering what brought her to this topic. Yesterday I had to go have a blood test and my veins know that my body likes my blood so they make it very difficult for the invader to poke the vein to get the blood out. And yesterday was no exception. I was kind of an emotional wreck during this blood test, strange I know but it was just one of those days. Well this is what the story is about. The nurse was so very kind to me, kinder than anyone I can remember. I will love her always for that and I don't even know her name. But anyway she got out the tiny needle and poked my hiding little vein and wa la we were done in no time. Most times the person invading my vein will just poke and poke and search and it hurts and makes me cry...

This Nurse did not make me cry and she probably has no idea how much that meant to me and instead of calling that awesome I am going to call it a Tender Mercy.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

I so totally understand that! Says the girl who is sitting with a heat pack on her hand due to a blood draw blood clot LOL

Heather said...

I am so glad it went well. I swear a nurse can make the world of difference.

Melissa said...

Sorry. I'm grateful for people who unknowingly touch our lives. And for the tender mercies that are abundant in our lives if we choose to recognize. Hope this week takes a turn for the better.

The Strawn Family said...

Its amazing how people can make a difference without even recognizing it. Good thing the Lord sees our needs :)

Valarie said...

I could have went with you. Let me know if you need me. :)

 

fentanyl