Friday, September 30, 2011

This Week

has had an array of ups and downs both physically and emotionally. Sunday was my parents wedding anniversary it would have been their 53rd. We had a little family get together and it was good. Tuesday I went for tattoo removal treatment number 3. I was told while there that she was going to do something different and that it would not hurt as much. Guess what she was wrong. Not only did it hurt a lot it also smelled like burning flesh... yuck.... and it blistered big ugly sensitive blisters. Because of the location it has been difficult to wear a sports bra, so my training has taken a beating this week. But on up side I got this very heart warming note from a new friend of mine.

" I went home last night and thought about what you told us about your husband at our meeting. I am so amazed at you. Your strength is beyond amazing.

I am so thankful for your example you are so strong in your testimony and what you are trying to do. I just wanted to say Thanks for your example. I also appreciate what you are doing for Riley. What a sweet grandma you are to want that for him. :)

I can't imagine that this would be very easy for you. I was surprised you didn't tear up as you talked about it last night. I appreciate the opportunity I have to serve alongside you. I have sat and listened to you talk at every interaction we have had and you truly are a wonderful example
."

I should paste this on my bathroom mirror so I can read it every day. What lovely things she had to say.

Know that I do not go around shouting from the tree tops about my life events, but these are Women I serve with and their understanding and kindness is medicine for my soul

Also I met with our new Bishop and had a great meeting. He helped me to clear up a lot of things that have been weighing heavy on my mind. He and Brother A gave me a blessing and is was an amazing experience. The Priesthood works wonders when used properly.

On Thursday C.P. and I went on a bike ride because I still couldn't run and had to do something. Off we went the 1st 3 miles went great... and then during the 2nd 3 I hit a turn wrong and was either headed for the Jordan River (double yuck) or the dirt. I chose the dirt. And now my legs resembles my back .



But lucky it is nothing a little soap, water, and neosporin wont fix.

I have had some great insight into things this week. I am truly grateful for all the tender mercies I see daily during this process.

PS.. someone told me I looked 30.....wasn't that nice.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Been thinking a lot about you this week. I have to agree with the things that sweet sister said. Hope you are doing well. Also, just got some family pictures taken, so I will get one to you when I get them back.

Sonja Larsen said...

Amazing what a nice thought written to someone can do. I have thought those things many times. I don't think you realize what an example you are to many of us.

Jeanette said...

What a sweet sister! And I agree with everything she said as well!

I have been thinking of you a lot lately as well and think we should get together for lunch or something.

Mondays are about the only day that work with my screwey schedule, I get off at 11:30, would that work for you? Or maybe a saturday? I don't know.

Or maybe even just a visit =0)

Cory&SadieK said...

Owie. I think it looks a little grosser in person, but maybe that was just the yellow pus that was oozing out of the wound.

 

fentanyl