Monday, October 17, 2011

The Half vs Me

Did the half beat me or did I beat the half. If you would have asked me Saturday at about 11am I would have said the half beat me. But if you ask me today I think I beat the half. Was it what I thought it would be? HECK no it was SO much harder than I had ever imagined. Do I think that 26.2ers are crazy YES I do. My time was slower than I thought it might be. However, I was not last. There was still about 80ish people behind me. Did I finish YES I did and I have a really great medal to prove it. Pictures as soon as I get them from my BIL. Can a half marathon teach you life lessons, YES it can and it did. What did I learn, I learned that I need to stop burning the candle at both ends and take better care of myself, as they say "Rome was not built in a day". I learned that I CAN DO HARD THINGS. I learned that there are times when Heavenly Father does not intervene because there is something he needs to teach you. Did I get from the race what I was expecting? No I got so much more. I know that my baby Sister LOVES me a lot and stayed with me when she didn't have to. The 1st 2 miles were ok the next 6 were killer (I had a tummy ache) at mile 8 she didn't leave me when I stopped at the potty for an extended amount of time. At mile 11 she attempted to push me in, I was totally spent at mile 11 and at 12.5ish she actually waited for me so we could finish together. Now if that isn't true love I am not sure what is. My Mom and BIL followed us along the course and I can not tell you how great that was. My poor Mom was exhausted but she was there for us. My sweet Daughter made us the greatest sign for the finish line. And My equally sweet SIL stayed at the finish line for 1 hour after he got in because he did not want to miss us. It was so nice to have a greeter there. And my Son Ty helped to hold me up while I caught my breath. I also learned that I love the word FINISH I was never so excited to see those letters, big bold and red, as I was on Saturday October 15 2011. After a little sugar, a little rest and a ton of water I was feeling good again. Today I am sore but otherwise great. Will I do it again HECK YES!!!!!!!!!! I already have my next Half Marathon picked out and I have plenty of time to do more hard things in the mean time. Thanks to everyone. I love you all. xoxoxo

Times
Dottie 02:57:53
Valarie 02:57:53
Cory 02:08:13

5 comments:

Heather said...

Great Job! Just finishing and not giving up is a great triumph! You should be proud!

Melissa said...

Way to go! That is amazing!

Kaybi said...

I think you're amazing!

Cory&SadieK said...

I love how you summed it all up. I'm amazed at you. The three of you kicked some heinie! Way to kick it!

Sonja Larsen said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so impressed and happy for you,

 

fentanyl