Relationships can be very easy, very difficult and just plain baffling. Have you ever had people in your life that you thought you had or were building a relationship with and then suddenly they just stopped talking to you. No response to anything, Phone calls, emails, facebook...... and you forever wonder, did I offend them somehow, (I am not sure how). I can only assume that me and whatever else is going on in their lives does not mix.
I have not stopped caring about them, I just stopped trying to contact. However, if they should ever change their minds my heart is open.
Sticks and stones are hard on bones
Aimed with angry art,
Words can sting like anything
But silence breaks the heart.
~Phyllis McGinley, "Ballade of Lost Objects," 1954
1 comment:
You think that when we grow up that these things will change - but alas here we are "middle age" and it still happens. Luckily enough we are mature enough (we hope) to just move on and not sweat the small stuff. We miss them - but we only have 100 years to live. (ha ha I used one ofyour songs on here) Love you.
Post a Comment