Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day

I read a post on April's blog and it gave me an idea for this post. I wish I had thought about it sooner. I have thought about veterans day and the sacrifices made for all of us by these fine men and women.. Most of the veterans of my family have left this world, to continue their work in another place. I am not sure I can remember what branch of the service they were all in ..My Grandfather Francis Brems was in the MX border war and just this weekend we found his draft registration card for WWI






This is my uncle Don in his Navy uniform...



My father was in the Air Force but I don't have a picture close by to post for you .. but he was a handsome devil. My Uncle Fletch was involved in Pearl Harbor, but I do not recall what branch of the service... Pearl Harbor day was always very tender to his heart. (I guess I have some reading up to do to see where others served)

My sweet husband was in the Army and served in Vietnam. Wasn't he a hottie...



My husbands Uncle Ballard died in the Baatan Death March, and his bother Carlos was also in the service at the same time... he was pulled off of a flight that was heading to Italy because they had just learned that Clyde (Randy's dad) also a brother was MIA and they figured that Mrs Yeates has sacrificed two son's in the war they needed to keep the third safe. Clyde's sister Phylis was also in the service during WWII .

Our family lost one of it's favorite hero's this year Randy's father Clyde. He was a POW for nine months in WWII this is his POW photo... he has an amazing story. And was a remarkable man.



Another Veteran saluting Clyde at his funeral. I believe this photo was taken by Teresa Randy's daughter




Randy very often plays at funeral for veterans that have passed, his fathers funeral was not exception both he and Tony played "Taps" it was amazing.





In both of our families lies a stong sense of Patriotism, we love this country, we respect our flag and what it stands for. To quote Clyde "God Bless American we have a great country" This is just a quick brief history of the parts our families have played in serving our country.

Those that have left us may you rest in peace we miss you and are thankful for your service... Those that are still with us we are equally grateful for your servive.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Ah rats, that reminds me I still haven't burned that disk of funeral pictures for you...sorry.

I miss grandpa, can't believe it's been almost a year =0(

Melissa said...

Nice tribute. I thought of posting something, but didn't take the time. Now I regret it.

 

fentanyl