Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our 2nd 5k

Randy and I ran our 2nd 5k this season on Saturday June 6th. This was advertised as a "walk" but there were a few of us that ran. This was also an untimed event.. so the timing came from my Ipod stopwatch. What a handy little devise that is. Randy beat his time from the SLMarathon by 10:41 coming in at 35 minutes and I beat my SLMarathon time by 8:03 minutes coming in at 38:08 minutes.

The funnest part of this event was that many family members participated as well. Dean, Christie, Corrie, Valarie and Chase.

Randy and I were able to raise 220.00 to donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation. I believe that between all if us we were between $500 and $600.
Total raised was about 20K

Next year we plan to run as a team and start earlier raising money so we can have a bunch more.. and hopefully a bunch more participants.

I was also asked to be on the committee for next year... I am excited already.

(ps... yes family you can "lift" these for your facebook pages)








4 comments:

Valarie said...

YEAH US! My shins are still sore.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

AWESOME! I'm so excited to hear you were even faster this time! Good for you!!!

Cory&SadieK said...

I love your new page...the bees are super cute! What set are they from? The pics you guys took are cute. I can't wait until next year...even Isaak will be aable to join us. FUUUUNNNNN!

Emily Gray Clawson said...

I am so inspired by you guys running! I'm working toward it, too, but have a long way to go until I'll be able to run very far. I'm planning on running the Race for the Cure next May. That gives me almost a year to prepare. You look great!

 

fentanyl