Friday, August 13, 2010

Trying

Have you ever had a situation where you are really trying to understand but you really just can't. This post just might fall under the category of judgemental. The story goes like this....

You all know my Father passed in April.... but did you know this his very own Bishop never ever contacted my Mother to see if he or the ward could assist. Yes I do know that my parents fall under the inactive umbrella... but still. I have never ever seen this.

About 3 weeks after my Fathers passing my Mom was having a particularly hard time coping with being alone. And of course we could not be there all the time... so I attempted to phone the Bishop to see if maybe they could just send visitors or see if there were any day time activities she could possibly attend.... well Mr Bishop never ever did call me back, and my Mom seemed to get a grip somewhat so I did not attempt to phone him again.

Well yesterday my Mom called and asked if Randy could give her neighbor a blessing as she had been having some terrible side effect from some medication and was in terrible pain. Randy could have gotten his partner and did the blessing..... but we thought we should call the Bishop and let the home ward respond. By the way the neighbors fall under the same umbrella inactive.

This is the conversation with Mr Bishop.

us: Hello Bishop we are inquiring do you have the __________ family in your ward?

Mr Bishop: No

us: Hmmm... how about the Brems family

Mr Bishop: No

us: hmmmm does this address _____ S ____ W fall in your boundaries?

Mr Bishop: yes

us: Well do you know the H__________

Mr Bishop: yes

us: Maybe you should familiarize yourself with your inactive members. The H_______'s are the home teachers of both these people, but are out of town and one of them is in need of a blessing. Also are you aware that Mr Brems passed away back in April. My wife attempted to phone you but you did not return the call.

Mr Bishop: We will take care of it

Mr Bishop or someone from the ward did show up today to give the neighbor a blessing. But it really disturbs me that he did not even know these people existed. My parents have lived in the same home for 52 years.... So I am pretty certain they are on the records. I know for a fact they have always paid fast offering.... so that alone would but them on the records as they would have received a tax statement.

I talked to my friend that lives in the area but in a different ward but close by and describe Mr Bishop as a shallow man. WOW I have never in all my life had a Bishop described that way. How does a "shallow" man even become bishop? Granted I don't know this man at all so this is where the judgemental part comes in. I wonder if he will attempt to contact my Mom? I guess we shall see.

Now on the other had our own Bishop is an outstanding man.. very caring and KNOWS the people in his ward inactive or not.

Wow... thanks for listening

1 comment:

Meredith said...

We really are lucky to have Bishop Camp as our bishop. He is one of the most caring and giving men I know. I wish every ward could be led by someone as wonderful as him.

 

fentanyl