Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Carol


Friday we ventured south to Orem to see A Christmas Carol at the Hale Theater. You may be thinking why drive to Orem when you can just go to West Valley. The reason is FREE. At the Cinco De Mayo Race we ran in May I took 1st in my age group and one of the prizes was a VIP pass to any show of the 2010 season. So we decided to see A Christmas Carol.
The theater is Orem is much different than the theater in West Valley... not nearly as fancy or high tech. It reminds me of the old Hale Theatre on Main Street.
The show was quite enjoyable, and the theater is in the round and small, so it is very intimate. We had really good seats. At times the characters were standing right next to you. I just love those big hoop dresses they wear.
Watching the tale of Ebenezer Scrooge reminds me that there is a bit of him in all of us. At least I know there is in me. I know I BA HUM BUG about a few things in my life. This past year I have tried to work on that. I think I am better but I have so much work to do.
Yesterday I received a Christmas Card from a driver that I often deal with, and in that card he said " Thank you for being so nice to me. You are the nicest person in trucking I have ever dealt with." Wasn't that just the sweetest. Wouldn't it be great if everyone who's path you crossed has something like that to say about you. In return he is one of the nicest Drivers I have dealt with.
Merry Christmas to you All

1 comment:

Cory&SadieK said...

thats super nice what the driver said. I wish everybody I came across said that about me. If they came across me in the last two days though--watch out. This 5:45am wake up call is not on my list of favs. It makes me an ornery pants.

 

fentanyl