Wednesday, May 4, 2011

All Things Royal

So did you get up at 4am to watch the Royal Wedding . You're either going to say "are you kidding" or "no I got up at 2 am.
Well I did get up at 4am. I had set my alarm for 3:58 and I switched on the TV just as the Bride was stepping out of the car, perfect timing. So I watch and dozed for the next two hours. I thought it was absolutely amazing and beautiful.

Many years ago I did the very same thing when Charles and Diana were married. I have been fascinated by the Royal Family ever since.

What little girl does not dream of being a princess. We dress up as princesses for Halloween. We then do it again when we are a bit older and have a date to prom. And then once again on that very special day called a wedding. On those days we are made to feel like princess with our beautiful gowns, and updone hair. I think every little girl I know knows every single Disney Princess by name. Goodness I LOVE the Disney Princess'.

I saw this on facebook. I would buy this if it did not seem like such an extravagance. (I tried to post a photo but it would not let me.)

So just to let you in on a little secret. I set my DVR to record the entire day of events and slowly but surely I will watch all 7 hours of it.

The only parts that made me sad for Catherine and William was when the Arch Bishop said "until death do you part". They could have so much more..... if they only knew.

1 comment:

Cory&SadieK said...

I remember thinking when I was younger that maybe I would meet prince william and be a princess. Ha. The wedding was fun to watch though and I like that Ms. Kate.

 

fentanyl