Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day

All in all my Mother's Day was pretty good this year. Saturday has been deemed lunch with the Girls day. This year we chose Red Lobster and it was so yummy. Of course I ate too much, and I even brought food home. You would be so proud I only ate one cheesy biscuit, I truly wanted more but I didn't do it. Then Ri and I went to the Ward Party... the favorite dessert auction for Young Women.. we danced the chicken dance and the "poky poky" (Ri's words) and bought 8 yummy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for $12.00. We had a great time.

Sunday Tyson came by in the morning and mowed and trimmed the lawn. It has not looked this nice for a long time. Then after church Desi, Heather, Jacelynn and Maddie came by and we had dinner and visited then Sadie, Cory and Issak popped it as well and ate dinner. Desi and Cory dug the grass out of the front garden in the rain..now that is true love. Zach and Tristan are still working out the kinks of having a new baby.

And the of course there was church and the speakers were great all of them. I think Brother Jensen may have motivated me to go back to school.. but we shall see. It is quite hard to work and go to school.

There are a few lesson subjects in Church that are harder than others, for me one of them is eternial families, and the other is Mother's Day. Mothers day lessons always leaving me wishing I had done things differently. Wondering if I would have done this or that, instead of what I did maybe life would be easier for my kids. And then maybe not, we just can never know that in this life time. I can only hope that with the knowledge I have gained and the insight I have now that I may be able to still teach and hopefully be a good example.

I hope you all had a very Happy Mothers Day.

2 comments:

Sonja Larsen said...

Happy Mothers Day, I'm glad it was nice. I wonder the same things you wonder. Its always easy to say what if. . . Lucky for us we both have awsome kids.

Cory&SadieK said...

You are an awesome Mom. Believe it and love yourself.

 

fentanyl