Thursday, March 26, 2009

Inspired

I don't watch a ton of Television... I just really don't have time for it.. but one show I really like to watch is the Biggest Looser. Last week they sent the contestants home for a week, and while they were there they had to run a half marathon... and holy cow most of them did a really great job. Well about 6 weeks ago I went back to weight watchers and thus far I have only lost a whopping 4.8pounds and one of those pounds I had to loose twice. I have been going to the gym off and on at lunch for a while now.. but not very consistent... and without many results... so after watching the biggest looser... I thought... I used to run and I used to like it.. why did I stop... I know (shin pain)... can I do it again... after all I am fat and old..... well goodness those folks on BL weight over 200 lbs.. that would be one advantage I have over them I don't..heck yes I can do it... I told Sadie I am going to run a half marathon I just have to find one..."Hey mom Cory will run with you"(his idea not hers) so.. There are two marathons I found in SLC.... the Salt Lake Marathon and the Deseret News Marathon... well the SLCM is April 18 and there was no way either of us would be ready to run 13.6 miles by then.... so we opted for the Des New Marathon.... but they don't have a half... only a 10K... but that really is just fine with me.. The next step was to buy a book ... THE COMPLETE BOOK OF WOMEN'S RUNNING by Dagny Scott Barrios, who would have thought that you would need to buy a book about running... after all shortly after taking your 1st steps you are running... and I am not sure you really ever stop... at least not really it just may not always be with your legs. A fabulous web site is the Salt Lake Running Company .. I began running last week and yesterday I paid a visit to the SLRC... and now I am the proud owner of these truly remarkable shoes

I do not recall ever paying this much money for shoes before... (unless I guess you count ski boots.. but they are not very comfortable to walk in.) But they are now mine and so far I love them.

So this is the current plan... on April 18th we are going to do the 5k, (me, Randy, Cory, Sadie, Isaak, and I believe Chase and maybe Zach.)..and on July 24th the 10k same people... but Sadie and Valarie are going to do the 5 k...
maybe with all this craziness I just might also drop those dreaded pounds that just keep hanging on

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it I'm about to lose control and I think I like it... Come run with us !!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Momma Dil said...

Wow! I am SO not worthy (picture me bowing repeatedly here...well, considering the bulge I'm getting around the middle that might be kind of a ridiculous thought). You are so amazing! I feel so inspired right now...I'll have to pick something about myself I want to improve while the iron is hot!

Meredith said...

Dottie,
I promise to start running with you after this baby comes. I miss it. Jon Harris was my inspiration and now that he is gone I need new running buddies. Sherry Lauritzen also ran with me, and she wants to do it too, so call her up if you ever need a running buddy. The 10k is awesome. Once I did that, I was hooked. Good Luck with it all!

Jeanette said...

I wish I could run it with you, but my health and extreme heat are not a good combination. I will be running with you in my air conditioned basement with the fan blowing on me though =0) and rooting for you all from the side lines!

Kick butt and don't take prisoners!

 

fentanyl